[Tutor] SQLite LIKE question

Dinesh B Vadhia dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 00:24:41 CEST 2008

I'm reading a text file into an in-memory pysqlite table.  When I do a SELECT on the table, I get a 'u' in front of each returned row eg.

> (u'QB VII',)
> (u'Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx',)

I've checked the data being INSERT'ed into the table and it has no 'u'.

The second problem is that I'm using the LIKE operator to match a pattern against a string but am getting garbage results.  For example, looking for the characters q='dog' in each string the SELECT statement is as follows:

    print row

This doesn't work and I've tried other combinations without luck!  Any thoughts on the correct syntax for the LIKE?

Dinesh