[Tutor] queries from the web & random number

linuxian iandsd pylinuxian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:28:43 CEST 2008

i see no body has replied to my question,
probably you are thinking this guy is hijicking someones website ?

well, i can assure you i am not. simply because i have a username/password
for this site, plus, I have thier agreement to automate the process of
utilizing thier database all i want from midnight to 6 am.

to axplain to you my case, we sell products, & we need to access extranet of
our provider, & my job is to prepare an internal database for my company
every night so that staff uses it during the next day, this is very
important to our business because it gives us a step ahead of others who
have to work on database live during the day manualy & thus wasting
preciouse time of employees, making the surches themselves, waiting for
queries to complete, making some decisions based on that, .... computers do
this better ... & our provider is happy to see that we have this technology.
now why would he add CAPTCHA to his extranet ? well, i don't know & i
believe thier IT stuff are trying to improve thier extranet for the better,
& they have all the right to doing that, as i myself do shut our website &
sql db server every night at 10pm, or use another port other than 80, i am
free to protect my stuff as well as they are free too.

this said, i believe there are other means to protecting content of websites
other than CAPCHA simply by ip or by number of queries ... etc ... so don't
make me look like tryin to hijack websites please.

i hope you find some truth in this.