[Tutor] hey, a bit of a noob at python ut a question about animation...

John Jojo maximo7274 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 18:46:54 CEST 2008

I am trying to make a simple animation, and this is what I have.

from livewires import games, color
games.init(screen_width = 1000, screen_height = 1000, fps = 50)
class Animation(games.Sprite):
    files1 = ["stick1.jpg"]
    files2 = ["stick2.jpg"]
    def __init__(self):
        self.animate1()
    def animate1(self):
        act = games.Animation(images = Animation.files1,
                              x = 500,
                              y = 500,
                              n_repeats = 5,
                              repeat_interval = 5)
    def animate2(self):
        act = games.Animation(images = Animation.files2,
                              x = 500,
                              y = 500,
                              dy = 1,
                              lifetime = 5 * games.screen.fps,
                              repeat_interval = 5,
                              after_death = games.screen.quit)
def main():
    wall_image = games.load_image("class.jpg", transparent = False)
    games.screen.background = wall_image
    animater = Animation()
    games.screen.add(animater)

    games.screen.mainloop()
main()
I use the after_death item because it is used for the games.Message()
command and I thought it would do the same thing here.  It doesn't.  So does
anyone know the command to show after an animation is over???