[Tutor] Hoping to benefit from someone's experience...

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 16 08:33:56 CEST 2008

"Marc Tompkins" <marc.tompkins at gmail.com> wrote

> Moving away from the RTF horn of my dilemma, does anyone have any
> experience
> writing OO macros?  Or know of any sites with more than ten lines of
> documentation?  I'm studying ooconvert itself, but that's only
> getting me so
> far.

Have you considered driving Word instead of OOo?
That way you leave the documents in their original format
and make the mods using COM from Python.

Python and COM are not super friendly but they are not impossible
either. And if you can record some Macros in Word and save them
as functions you should be able to call those macros from a python
script that just orchestrates the macros.

Alternatively learn enough VBScript to do it all in Word itself....

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site