[Tutor] Need suggestion / advice - controlling remote server

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 18 01:54:20 CEST 2008

"dave selby" <dave6502 at googlemail.com> wrote

> The question is how to communicate with the remote kmotion servers
> Python daemons. I could access the images via port 80, no prob but I
> need the KDE interface to change configs etc and restart services.

You should still be able to do thast via a web interface. Restarts
are probably the trickiest becauyse you need to be able to pick
up again with the admin interface after the restart. But its not that
tricky.

> ...getting the KDE interface to ssh in and do the changes

That will work too, but a web admin is probably easier for users
since you don't need to maintain a thick client on the desktop.

Alan G