[Tutor] web programming tutorials?

Che M pine508 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 05:20:36 CEST 2008

[I thought I sent a similar msg to this list 2 days ago, but now I'm not sure it went through, so sorry if I've doubled]

Can someone point me to a start-from-dead-scratch tutorial about the basics of web programming?  I've been learning wxPython for GUI programming, but web programming (that is, making web applications) seems like another world entirely.  I'm aware of *names*--Django, Pylons, CherryPy, TurboGears, Zope, Webpy, etc.--but I have a poor sense of what all this means,  and so I am sort of 'pre-Python' in my understanding.  I've scanned the archives of this list, but so far haven't found pointers to tutorials that assume very little knowledge.

I was kind of hoping Alan Gauld's project would be updated for the tempting but not yet existent section on web programming.  Any word on that, Alan?  In lieu of that, can anyone recommend books/online tutorials/words of advice?