[Tutor] web programming tutorials?

Hansen, Mike Mike.Hansen at atmel.com
Fri Apr 18 17:01:18 CEST 2008

IMHO, I think before anyone jumps into using a framework, they should
understand the basics of cgi programming. Maybe do just a small
exercise with simple form processing. After that exercise, then move
on to one of the frameworks that make a lot of that grunt work easier.
Jumping into a framework right away is like trying to run before you
can crawl. There's a lot going on with the many frameworks(URL
mapping, templates, ORM, persistence...). When you have some basic
understanding of web programming, it might help you figure out why
something isn't working properly in the framework. I'm curious about
other tutor list member's thoughts on this. Am I out to lunch on this
viewpoint?

Anyway, here's a link to a python cgi tutorial:
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Writing-CGI-Programs-in-Python/

Mike