[Tutor] Loading and using large sparse matrices under Windows

Dinesh B Vadhia dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 27 15:57:46 CEST 2008

Hi!  Does anyone on this list have experience of using the Scipy Sparse matrix library for loading and using very large datasets (>20,000 rows x >1m columns of integers) under Windows?

I'm using a recent Scipy svn that supports (sparse) integer matrices but it still causes the pythonw.exe program to abort for the larger datasets.  I have ample RAM to create, load and use the matrices.

I posted a note on the Scipy list but thought I'd try here too as you always get a response!  Plus, I need a solution to the problem pdq.  Thanks!

Dinesh