[Tutor] Loading and using large sparse matrices under Windows

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 27 17:07:38 CEST 2008

"Dinesh B Vadhia" <dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com> wrote

> I'm using a recent Scipy svn that supports (sparse) integer matrices
> but it still causes the pythonw.exe program to abort for the
> larger datasets.  I have ample RAM to create, load and use
> the matrices.

Can you narrow the problem down any further?
Do you have access to a different OS - Linux or MacOS say?
(Maybe you could try one of the LiveCD trial versions of Linux?)
That would prove it to be a Windows build of SciPy issue.
Or even a Cygwin build of Python/SciPy?

> I posted a note on the Scipy list

Probably your best bet.

> but thought I'd try here too as you always get a response!

Well you got a response, but I'm not sure if it helps any! :-)

Good luck,

Alan G