[Tutor] seeking help to a problem w/ sockets

Jeff Younker jeff at drinktomi.com
Mon Apr 28 00:47:42 CEST 2008

It sounds like a process is still listening on the port.   If you're
on a Unix system then you can use lsof (aka list open files) to
locate the process holding on the socket. Killing the process
should free the socket.

Also, you don't have to close the socket after every connection
completes.  Try looking at the SocketServer module.  It takes
care of a lot of the details for you.

- Jeff Younker - jeff at drinktomi.com -