[Tutor] Developing Macro: Is it possible in Python?

Federo federo at email.si
Sat Aug 2 16:39:53 CEST 2008

Hi

Is it possible to do macro with Python? Macro should be able to click on given
x,y screen location (one click, double click), drag scroll bar up / down etc..
Macro should be also able to extract data from predefined screen x,y location.
I would use this to control desktop windows based program. The program is
written from external provider - not Microsoft or me (it runs on xp
environment)..

Above actions can be easily performed using Macro Scheduler. I am looking for
possibility to do the same with Python?

Is there any other way beside macro to control windows based application? The
best will be to be able to control application from background (the same time
mouse and screen would be free for other work. No flashing on screen. In ideal
program would be ran as beck - hiden process..)

Cheers, Fedo