[Tutor] My experience on web.py

ammar azif ceasar102 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 20:04:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am writing this to tell my experience on web.py. Two weeks ago, I was looking for a python web framework that is simple, straight-forward, easy to use and powerful at the same time. Django  stood out as the most popular when I googled. I tried to use django but I found that the framework hides alot of things from me and files are generated by the framework  automaticaly and I felt like I wasnt in control. I know that django is powerful, but the learning curve is too steep for me and  I need to develop my app as soon as possible. I decided to give web.py a try and I found that the framework is easy to use and it gives a lot of control to the developer when handling GET and POST request and all these can be done in a single source code and using this framework has taught me a lot of low level web application programming basics. I might be wrong as I havent try django or any other frameworks yet. Hope python gurus here can share their thoughts on these
 matters,