[Tutor] Ongoing trouble with Turtle's end_fill() - caused by abug in turtle.py

Gregor Lingl gregor.lingl at aon.at
Fri Aug 8 01:04:14 CEST 2008

Hi Dick,

first of all, thanks for your efforts using the new turtle module
and reporting about your experiences and the problems you ran into.

I've already made some remarks on it in a former reply in this thread.
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> 2. The turtle can also be seen moving from the last corner of the last
>>> rectangle to the first corner of the next. I don't want this.
>>>
>> Again true of a physical turtle... But if you set speed to fastest
>> does that work? Also in the old turtle moduile there was a way to
>> hide the turtles movements completely and just draw the finished
>> graphic - which was orders of magnitude faster for complex
>> shapes - is that still available in turtle26?

Here better tracer() should come in!

> Yes, penup(). <http://docs.python.org/dev/library/turtle.html#turtle.penup>
>

>> Maybe more not understanding(remembering) the origin of turtle graphics.
>> It was for kids to understand computer graphics... Seeing the shapes
>> being drawn is a big part of that.

That's why now turtles have got a better animation. (That means: the
resulting drawing should be
the same weather you use the old module or the new one, but *not* what
you see, when you observe
the turtles at work. Therfore I wrote (nearly?) 100% compatible. And of
course, the now one
has a lot of additional enhacements.)

Best regards,
Gregor