[Tutor] Back-end Bittorrent Client in python

xbmuncher xboxmuncher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 18:28:16 CEST 2008

I want to be able to download bittorrent files with the bittorrent protocol
in my python program using only the native libraries in it. All I am
interested is being able to download & upload simultanaeously, reading parts
that make up the torrent package and being able to choose files/folders to
download, when uploading being able to point to other directories and
locations where the files reside. (not necessarily in the same
hierarchy/architecture of the original torrent package)

I don't quite know what to call this behavior that I'm wanting. I would call
it a bittorrent class that I can use to download and control the protocol
within my python program... A shell? A back-end bittorrent client..
I'd appreciate some pointers on where to get started implementing something
like this, and how I can take advantage of a lot of other BT clients that
already exist in python. IE: I've read about official BT client, bitornado,
ABC client, etc.. but they all seem to be stand-alone clients for users
interesting in downloading the torrent packages. I want something that I can
implement and manipulate within my own program.

-thanks for your time