[Tutor] Easiest way to display HTML

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 12 17:37:48 CEST 2008

"Paul Tader" <ptader at linuxscope.com> wrote

> The closest I've seen is HTMLgen, but that project seems to be very
> quiet.
>
> In short, what would you use to quickly mark up your scripts simple
> output?

HTMLgen still works. There has been little activity because I guess
there's
not much more to do! Or maybe not many folks asking for more:-)

But personally I tend to create HTML using either hard coded format
strings in my code and string formatting

title = "<h1>%s</h1>"

print title % 'My page here'

or using a templating system like Kid.

If you are generating the HTML from a python script run from a con job
then I'd guess the former will be sufficient for your needs.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site