[Tutor] What has Editor X got that PyWin32 hasn't?

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Thu Aug 14 03:07:12 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Jaggo wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I haven't much experience with programming.
>
> I'd like to point this question to programmers who write in editors other
> than the default PyWin32:
>
> Why do you use your editor rather than using Pywin? What feature has editor
> X got that PyWin hasn't?
  I use emacs. Oh, I work on the linux OS - no Pywin here! :-)
  Because I am also a lisp programmer, I can write code in elisp to leverage
  emacs to be more productive. One thing I haven't looked into but am meaning
  to is a system call pymacs, (quoting the synopsis)
"""
Pymacs is a powerful tool which, once started from Emacs, allows both-way
communication between Emacs Lisp and Python. Pymacs aims Python as an
extension language for Emacs rather than the other way around, and this
asymmetry is reflected in some design choices. Within Emacs Lisp code, one
may load and use Python modules. Python functions may themselves use Emacs
services, and handle Emacs Lisp objects kept in Emacs Lisp space.
"""
MTCW