[Tutor] Is there python editor or plugin for a python editor for curly brackets around code blocks?

xbmuncher xboxmuncher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 05:06:28 CEST 2008

I'll check out your links. But in response to some of the things said:
I'm a fan of indentation, a replacement of indentation with curly braces is
not what I was aiming for. If I could have it my way, I'd have indentation
and curly braces. I don't want to change official python syntax either.. I
just want to be able to easily do it myself.

The big problem I had that I didn't explain well enough when I said
"visually" is that it is visually hard to tell when code blocks end when
other code blocks and statements begin immediately after them. With curly
braces you can easily visualize when looking at a lot of code where the code
block ends. The best thing you can do in python currently is to put an empty
line in between the last line of a code block and the following code, so you
can better visualize the end of the code block.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:23 AM, Chris Fuller <cfuller084 at thinkingplanet.net