[Tutor] For Loops and nested loops

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Sat Aug 16 19:35:31 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 06:33:42AM +0100, Umesh Singhal wrote:
> Hi im still relatively new to python and i am designing a multiplication table that enables a user to input the size of the times table unfortunately ive stumbled on the nested loops this is what i have right now:

Is this a homework assignment?  Forgive me if it's not, but somehow
it feels like the sort of thing a teacher would assign.  At least,
I've been known to give my programming students things like it
before when they were just starting out.

> a=raw_input('please enter a number')
> b=int(a)
> n=b+1
> for row in range(1, n):

remember what <n> means in range(1, <n>).  You may have a fencepost
error (off-by-one), depending on what you intended to happen here.

--
Steve Willoughby    |  Using billion-dollar satellites
steve at alchemy.com   |  to hunt for Tupperware.