[Tutor] help with sorted()

Rick Pasotto rick at niof.net
Sun Aug 17 17:50:41 CEST 2008

I have a dictionary that looks like: d = {k:[v1,[v2,v3,v4]]}

v1,v2,v3,v4 are integers.

I want to print the dictionary sorted by v1, high to low.

sorted(d,operator.itemgetter(0),reverse=True)

gives me the keys in some order different than if I just looped through
the dictionary and not in key order but also not in any order that I can
see. It really appears random.

sorted(d) does give me a sorted list of keys.

How do I sort on v1? How would I sort on v3?

--
"Many people think that if they were only in some other place, or had
 some other job, they would be happy. Well, that is doubtful. So get as