[Tutor] How to use urllib2.https_open with SSL support in Windows XP for python 2.5.2

xbmuncher xboxmuncher at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:40:34 CEST 2008

I wanted to use the urllib2.https_open()  but it said the module did not
exist. The manual says I need SSL support installed. I've done some
searching.. but I haven't been able to find an official implementation of
SSL support for python 2.5 for windows. If its required for urllib2 I assume
its part of the official python library of modules, is there an MSI
installer or official place to get the SSL support that was mentioned in the
urllib2 doc page? I just want to use the https capability of urllib2.

-thanks