[Tutor] [Fwd: FW: Gaussian function]

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 22:40:13 CEST 2008

Forwarding to the list. Please always reply to the list.

It seems like you need a course on the fundamentals of programming!

What output did you get?

How does it differ from what you want?

You define 2 functions but never call them. So they will never run.

Do you know the difference?

I will not write a program for you, but will, as offered, help.

For starters what do the colons in the input mean? Are they decimal
points? When I apply the input xmin = 2:5, dx = 0:5 and nx = 11 to the
series definition xmin, xmin+dx I get 2.5 3.0 3.5 etc to infinity. Where
did the -2.5 in the output come from?

If you assume xmin = -2.5 then it will work.

How in Python can you express this series (for loop?)

What class is this question from? Have you met the prerequisites for the
class? If so why is the instructor expecting you to do something he has
not prepared you for?

--
Bob Gailer
Chapel Hill NC

When we take the time to be aware of our feelings and
needs we have more satisfying interatctions with others.

Nonviolent Communication provides tools for this awareness.

As a coach and trainer I can assist you in learning this process.

What is YOUR biggest relationship challenge?