[Tutor] how to read Messages sorted by thread in thunderbird

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 19 11:01:04 CEST 2008

"scsoce" <scsoce at gmail.com> wrote

> many threads is clustered and unfriendly to me.  My question is
> there a  way to read  messages sorted by thread ( just  like in web
> version http://mail.python.org/pipermail/ )  but   in thunderbird or
> other mail applications, or other way better ?

I mainly use Outlook Express as a newsreader and access the list
via the gmane archive. That gives me threading as well as all the
other features of news reading - watched threads, kill lists etc

I'm not sure if Thunderbird does n news feeds or is purely email
based? But it might be an option. The snag is that there is
occasionally a short delay between the email going out and
its appearance on gmabe, but its usually insignificant.

HTH,

Alan G.