[Tutor] Is this a "Class" problem?

Jeff Younker jeff at drinktomi.com
Wed Aug 20 20:29:41 CEST 2008

> I'm assuming you do that so that you don't confuse what a Python
> built-in method (or function) is,
> compared to methods (or functions) that you've authored.

It's done more to distinguish classes from methods and attributes.  I
can't claim
any credit though.  It's part of the python coding conventions in
PEP-8.  You can
find the document at http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008 .

The actual coding convention for attribute and variable names is
lower_case_separated_by_underscores, but there are projects out there
that use initialLowerCamelCase.  Pick whatever your current project
is using and stick with it.

-jeff