[Tutor] Reformatting phone number

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 08:08:07 CEST 2008

2008/8/21 Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net>:
> Another way to write this is
>  if sys.argv[1].startswith('0'):

Nice! I had looked for this type of function, but could not find it.

Is there a list of functions, organized by categories, for Python?
Take for example these pages from te php documentation:
http://il.php.net/manual/en/book.strings.php
http://il.php.net/manual/en/book.array.php
http://il.php.net/manual/en/book.math.php

which are all linked from:
http://il.php.net/manual/en/funcref.php

Is there anything like this for Python? If not, I am willing to code
the site if some Python gurus will help contribute their knowledge.

> You need to learn about slicing. This is a way of indexing any
> sequence, including strings. See
> http://docs.python.org/tut/node5.html#SECTION005120000000000000000

This I have read, while googling this thread.

> http://docs.python.org/lib/typesseq.html

This I will read, to keep up to speed.

Thanks!

--