[Tutor] Read active tab url from firefox

xbmuncher xboxmuncher at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 06:57:21 CEST 2008

I want to make a program in python that knows the current url of the active
tab in firefox. I want to be able to right click anywhere in my system,
notepad, firefox..etc.. and be able to see an added menu option.
Any pointers on doing this?

Summary of goals:
1. retrieve url of current tab from firefox
2. add right click option that displays anywhere I right click the mouse in
windows xp, notepad, a browser, desktop..wherever
3. maybe I want to activate an action in windows when I press some key
combinations.. how can I do this with python?

-thanks