[Tutor] dynamic argument lists

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 15:16:56 CEST 2008

eShopping wrote:
> Bob, Kent
>
> thanks for the suggestions.  Bob made the comment "If there is no
> compelling requirement that myfunc's argument be in the form **kwargs
> ...", but I'm afraid I don't understand the difference between
>
> myfunc (**kwargs)
>
> and
>
> myfunc (kwargs)
>
> Would someone mind explaining this?  I never managed to find a
> satisfactory explanation for what "**" means!

Did you RTFM under 7.6 Function definitions? If so how did it fail to help?

"If the form ``|*identifier|'' is present, it is initialized to a tuple
receiving any excess positional parameters, defaulting to the empty tuple.

If the form ``|**identifier|'' is present, it is initialized to a new
dictionary receiving any excess keyword arguments."

--
Bob Gailer
Chapel Hill NC

When we take the time to be aware of our feelings and
needs we have more satisfying interatctions with others.

Nonviolent Communication provides tools for this awareness.

As a coach and trainer I can assist you in learning this process.

What is YOUR biggest relationship challenge?