[Tutor] reading output from a c executable.

Ravi Kondamuru ravikondamuru at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:35:14 CET 2008

I am trying to read a binary log file to extract system counters. These
counters will then be used to generate web-based graphs using the
chart-director api in python. For extracting the counters I planning to
write a program in C to read and give the output as lists for use by
chart-director. If possible i would like to do the parsing of data only once
in C on the log file and pass the processed output for direct use by
python.
I have thought about having to populate a database first but will prefer to
avoid having another intermediate datastore (apart from the log file).

thanks,
Ravi.