[Tutor] reading output from a c executable.

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:39:40 CET 2008

Ravi Kondamuru wrote:
> I am expecting these lists to be huge and was hoping to avoid
> re-parsing in python. Any way for the c program to return a list that
> python can directly use.

Not as far as I know. Lists in Python are internal objects. If you were
able to package the C and Python programs together (C extension, SWIG,
...???) then you could write the Python object directly from the C program.

What will the Python program do with the lists? And what does huge mean.
Does it have to be a list? Is performance an issue or storage space or what?

--
Bob Gailer
Chapel Hill NC