[Tutor] reading output from a c executable.

Eike Welk eike.welk at gmx.net
Fri Dec 12 00:11:49 CET 2008

On Thursday 11 December 2008, Ravi Kondamuru wrote:
> This was a great info exchange for me.
> I am going to try out the all-python solution and see how it works
> out. thank you all,

You could try to optimize slow parts with the compiled Cython
language. Nearly all Python code is legal Cython; but if you declare
variables as C datatypes operations with these variables will be fast
like in C.
Introduction for C programmers:

The language is geared a bit towards numerical computations. However
Python strings are automatically converted to 'char *', so it is
useful for you.

Cython is a fork of Pyrex, which can keep up fairly well with real C

Kind regards,