[Tutor] reading output from a c executable.

Ravi Kondamuru ravikondamuru at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:13:16 CET 2008

Denis, These are 32bit, 64bit counters (essentially numbers).
Bob, There are well over 10K counters in the log file that are updated every
5 secs. If a counter1's graph was requested, log will have to be parsed once
to get the data points. If a user asked for a counter2, now it needs to be
retrieved from the log file. Which essentially means having to go through
the logfile again. This is because i want to try to avoid using a database
to store values after parsing the file.
thanks,
Ravi.