[Tutor] what does the "@" operator mean?

Mary Lou Knack mlknack at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 21:33:57 CET 2008

I'm looking at some code from Enthought's ETS examples and ran across the following statement:

@mayavi2.standalone

I have no idea what the "@" operator means, if anything.  I tried searching for it in the documentation (locally and online), but no luck.  Or rather, the local (windows) help said it couldn't search for that phrase (@) and the online search turned up a bazillion hits and I don't know how to refine the search.

Knowledge isn't necessary for me to proceed, but it sure would be nice.  Thanks.

Mary Lou Knack