[Tutor] what does the "@" operator mean?

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 18:11:53 CET 2008

OK, having looked at
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonDecoratorLibrary again with a less
jaundiced eye, I believe my code may soon begin to contain a few of
the dreaded sleepycats...

By the way, (totally off-topic, of course, my apologies): what do all
y'all call the "@" operator?  Here in the States, we call it the
"at-sign", which I find boring; I believe "sleepycat" is a
Scandinavian thing (I picked it up in some long-forgotten article);
some Russians refer to it as собака ("sobaka", dog) - again because it
looks like an animal with its tail curled up.

It occurs to me that Pythonistas should have their own name for the
thing.  I propose "ourobouros" - the snake eating its own tail. Of
course, technically that's a capital O, but hey.

--
www.fsrtechnologies.com