[Tutor] reciprocal import

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Tue Dec 16 23:33:39 CET 2008

spir wrote:
> Steve & Kent:
> Actually, I have 2 main modules that work together to achieve the task.
> In the first one is defined a set of objects that outline the creation
> of objects which classes & subclasses are in the second module. Only for
> clarity I need two modules.

In my experience (and I realize the limits of speaking in such
generalities here), every time this situation has come up, refactoring
the code so this interdependence is resolved has always resulted in a
clearer, cleaner design.

One module can define a base class, another a derived class (without the
need for the base class to ever load or be aware of the derived class at
all), for example.