[Tutor] MP3Info class usage

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Sat Dec 20 01:25:08 CET 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Gareth at Serif wrote:

> I've not installed it, I've just imported it in my main program.  How do you
> install eyeD3, there's no installation package?  I read the readme, which
> talks about executing 'configure', but that just reports back that it is not
> recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch
> file.

I'm betting that you'e on windows, like me.

configure is s shell script.  You'll need a version os shell that runs on
windows.

make, too, I'll bet.

I run Cygwin on windows, which is a pretty good thing to have apart from
this.  It's free and avaliable from http://www.cygwin.com/

By default, I believe make is not installed; you'll have to request it.

You'll still get the error that "configure" is not recognized as a valid
command, but invoking it with "sh congigure" works for me.

It would be nice if Eyed3, which is not OS-specific, did not have such an
OS-specific install process.