[Tutor] python parser

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Dec 22 19:55:38 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:39 PM, johnf <jfabiani at yolo.com> wrote:
> I paid for and downloaded a paper from O'Reilly books on what I
> thought was going to be on 'pyparser'.  But that turned out to be mostly
> theory.  And nothing about the use of pyparser.

Was that "Getting Started with Pyparsing" ? I would be very surprised
if that was all theory, it is written by the author of pyparsing and
he likes examples :-) and the ToC looks like it is mostly extended
examples.

> So far no links to tutorials?

David Mertz has written some columns on parsing, see
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/linux/libraryview.jsp?sort_by=Relevance&show_abstract=true&show_all=false&search_flag=true&topic_by=All+topics+and+related+products&type_by=Articles&search_by=charming+python&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

You might also try his book:
http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/

Kent