[Tutor] designing POOP

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:39:36 CET 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 8:15 PM, Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:
> Design a little, code a little, repeat...
> http://personalpages.tds.net/~kent37/stories/00003.html

> You can discover many useful design techniques by applying DRY. More here:
> http://personalpages.tds.net/~kent37/stories/00012.html

> It has a chapter that explains the code smells and points out
> ways to fix them. An abbreviated version is available here:
> http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/People/SmellsToRefactorings
>
> The writings of Robert C Martin have taught me a lot about good design
> and agile development. .... A lot of his work is available on-line:
> http://objectmentor.com/resources/publishedArticles.html
>
> http://objectmentor.com/resources/articles/Principles_and_Patterns.pdf
> might be a good starting point.
> http://objectmentor.com/resources/articles/xpepisode.htm attempts to
> give the flavor of agile, test-driven development.
>
> I don't use the command-line interpreter much, I do a lot more work in
> unit tests. .... I have written a little more about this here:
> http://personalpages.tds.net/~kent37/stories/00007.html
>
> HTH,
> Kent

Thank you Kent! I am open to all suggestions as to where to get started
learning how to  design with the Python Object-Oriented Paradigm.
I'm doing a lot of reading, some coding (in my 'testing' directory),
and a lot of thinking about what I'm trying to do. This is a learning situation.
Since I'm a Hobbyist programmer, I don't have a 'class' deadline to meet
(and believe me, I'm happy about that!). I do feel that learning how to do this
will enhance the enjoyment of my Hobby for years to come. I do know that
it will open a lot of doors for me that are currently closed, especially when
it comes to creating games with Python/PyGame, and so forth. Plus, it is
quite possible that this discussion will benefit others who are also just
beginning.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its