[Tutor] A bit about python culture

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:31:14 CET 2008

On 07/02/2008, Michael Bernhard Arp Sørensen <murderbystealth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings Masters.
>
> I was wondering if there's a well know word for python programmers, that is
> usable as a domain name. Unfortunately, "pug.dk", as in "python user group,
> Denmark", is unavailable here in Denmark.
>
> I hope to acquire a national domain name and let future local user groups
> choose their own third level domain name.
>
> Any ideas are welcome.

feisty at feisty-laptop:~$ whois python.dk
# Any use of this material to target advertising or similar activities
# are explicitly forbidden and will be prosecuted. DK Hostmaster A/S
# requests to be notified of any such activities or suspicions thereof.

Domain:               python.dk
DNS:                  python.dk
Registered:           1999-09-14
Expires:              2008-09-30
Registration period:  1 year
VID:                  no

Nameservers
Hostname:             ns1.rackserverz.biz
Hostname:             ns2.rackserverz.biz

feisty at feisty-laptop:~$ whois pyden.dk
# Any use of this material to target advertising or similar activities
# are explicitly forbidden and will be prosecuted. DK Hostmaster A/S
# requests to be notified of any such activities or suspicions thereof.

No entries found for the selected source.
feisty at feisty-laptop:~$

pyden.dk doesn't sound too bad.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com