[Tutor] lan with python

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:31:59 CET 2008

Treloar, Nick wrote:
> hey i was just wondering if any one could tell me if they know if you
> can make multi player games through lan with python heres the code i
> want to lan.
>
> just hash out the sound files
>  [snip lots of code]
Hi Nick.
Please don't send huge amounts of code inline in an e-mail.  The chances
of it coming out correctly are slim.  If you must, use attachments.

Yes, you can create multiplayer games through lan with python.  There
are many ways to go about this.
You can use the Socket module to do low-level network programming, or
you can use Twisted for a more robust solution.
There are other alternatives as well.

Might I ask why your code uses Pygame and TKinter together?  Why didn't
you just code the GUI of your game in Pygame?
Did you use Pygame just because of the sound-playing abilities?
(I don't have time to read it in detail.)
Best wishes,
-Luke