[Tutor] most efficient way to do this

Christopher Spears cspears2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 01:10:53 CET 2008

I created a file called arrays.py:

#!/usr/bin/python

locations = ["/home/",
"/office/" ,
"/basement/" ,
"/attic/"]

Now I want to add the word "chris" on to each element
of the locations list, so I wrote another script
called chris_arrays.py:

#!/usr/bin/python/

from arrays import locations

add_on = "chris"
new_loc = []

for i in range(len(locations)):
    new_loc.append(locations[i] + add_on)

print new_loc

Is this the most efficient way to do this?  I'm using
these scripts to test some changes I want to make to a
script at work.  Basically, I want one file to hold a
list of paths.  The other file imports the list and
then asks the user for input that it then adds on to
each string in the list.  I want the paths to be in a
separate file, so I can access these paths with
different scripts.