[Tutor] DATA TYPES

Tiger12506 keridee at jayco.net
Thu Feb 21 00:23:00 CET 2008

> I was thinking more or less along the same lines, but
> - you don't need the copy()

Hehehe, did you try it Kent?

> - locals is a dict mapping names to values, so something like
>   for name, value in locals().iteritems():
>     print "varname: %s type: %s" (name,type(value))

And this returns

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Jacob\Desktop\diction.py", line 2, in
<module>
    print "varname: %s type: %s" (name,type(value))
TypeError: 'str' object is not callable

Which is not what I expected!
Until I realized that you are missing the % sign in between the print string
and the tuple of values to interpolate

Then it returns this:
varname: __builtins__ type: <type 'module'>

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Jacob\Desktop\diction.py", line 1, in
<module>
    for name, value in locals().iteritems():
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

The .copy() is necessary.