[Tutor] [Fwd: Standalone Version]

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Feb 21 23:39:31 CET 2008

Forwarding to the list

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Standalone Version
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:05:59 -0300
From: Artur Sousa <tucalipe at gmail.com>
To: Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net>

Sorry to bother again.

Is there a way to distribute a Python program freely on a standalone
version, in which the other person doesn't have to actually open the
Command Line and execute the .py file?

And please, excuse me, but as english is not my native language, I
couldn't quite understand how to concatenate str and int with %
(modulo).

<code>
ttaken = (quantity*3600)/phour
str1 = "Para produzir "
str2 = u" unidades desse recurso, serao necess\u00E1rios "
if ttaken == 1:
     str3 = " segundo, ou "
else:
     str3 = " segundos, ou "
if ttaken/60 <= 1:
     str4 = " minuto, ou "
else:
     str4 = " minutos, ou "
if ttaken/3600 <= 1:
     str5 = " hora."
else:
     str5 = " horas."
print str1
print quantity
print str2
print ""
print ttaken
print str3
print ""
print ttaken/60.0
print str4
print ""
print ttaken/3600.0
print str5
</code>

for quantity is an integer user input value and phour is another int
based on a user inputted int.

PS.: I'd also like to thank very much for all the support I've been
receiving.