[Tutor] How to open IE7 to a certain URL?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Feb 29 14:19:57 CET 2008

Kent Johnson wrote:
> Dick Moores wrote:
>
>> #!/usr/bin/env python
>> #coding=utf-8
>> import time
>> b = '20:00:00'
>> while True:
>>      a = time.strftime('%H:%M:%S')
>>      time.sleep(0.5)
>>      if a == b:
>
> You might want to learn how to use your OS's scheduler to do this part.
> I don't know what it is on Windows though.

You've got a couple of options on Windows, actually (not including
any roll-you-own or ported cron efforts). You can either use the
AT command (from the command line or via WMI) or you can use the
Windows scheduler, either from the control panel or programatically
via the win32com.taskscheduler module from pywin32.

TJG