[Tutor] Displaying images on a web page

Michael Langford mlangford.cs03 at gtalumni.org
Tue Jan 1 18:39:26 CET 2008

On Jan 1, 2008 11:18 AM, Dinesh B Vadhia <dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  I want to display a fixed number of same-size (jpeg) images on a web
> page.  The images displayed will change on user input.

I can use PIL to write the code but has anyone come across open source code
> that already does this?  Thank-you

You only need PIL if you're creating the pictures with the python code. If
you're merely choosing which pictures to display based on the input, you
merely need to generate different HTML (or have a javascript page, and
return different XML from your python backend).

If you're really trying to avoid writing your own HTML out, the table
example from GWT(
http://gwt.google.com/samples/KitchenSink/KitchenSink.html#Panels) will do
what you're looking for. Pyjamas(http://code.google.com/p/pyjamas/)  will
generate GWT code from python for you.