[Tutor] Choice of GUI builders

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 2 18:41:46 CET 2008

"johnf" <jfabiani at yolo.com> wrote

> On Wednesday 02 January 2008 06:08:10 am Roy Chen wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've been using PythonCard ...
>> However, it seems that it hasn't been updated in some time, and so
>> I would
>> like a recommendation for a cross-platform (preferably) GUI
>> builder.

I tried to fined a decent GUI builder for wxPython but failed.
There are two or three available but none of them really worked
all that well. SPE seemed the best of a poor bunch.

However...

> Take a look at Dabo
> www.dabodev.com

This looked promising but doesn't use the standard wxPython
widget set (this was also why I didn't choose PythonCard!), you have
to learn the Dabo API. But coming from PythonCard you would
have to learn the wxPython API anyway so that may not be an
issue for you.

Alan G.