[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 47, Issue 8

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:52:44 CET 2008

Let me clarify this:

> But if, to achieve the proper level of proficiency with the designer, I
> have to invest many hours of study and practice... well, it's going to be a
> hard sell.  I'd rather be coding.

An hour spent learning something new in Python makes me a better programmer,
and probably a smarter, better human being.  An hour spent learning
something new in wxPython makes me a better GUI programmer, and probably
teaches me things I need to know about the OS and the desktop environment
I'm using.

An hour spent learning to use a designer had better pay me off with an hour
saved somewhere else, and that right soon, or else I'm going to feel I
wasted that hour.
--
www.fsrtechnologies.com