[Tutor] Pyhon Mac/Pc

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 14 09:22:00 CET 2008

"Ricardo Aráoz" <ricaraoz at gmail.com> wrote
>> Hendrik Verlinden wrote:
>>> Yes I'm using the files from this link
>>> http://relro.net/racer/dofexport.html :)
>>> <http://relro.net/racer/dofexport.html>
>>> Do you now what the problem is with these files on a mac?
>>> Otherwise how do I have to change the carriage return or line
>>> feed?
>>
>> Looking at the files, they seem to be in a binary format so my
>> guess
>> about line endings is probably not correct.
> Are you reading/writing the files in binary mode?

Since the OP is not a Python programmer and doesn't know
how to modify the carriage return then I doubt he will know if
he is using binary mode. I think Kent's suggestion is best that
he contact the supplier - blind tinkering is more likely to cause
more damage than help.

The alternative suggestion is for the OP to learn Python
I suppose! :-)

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site