[Tutor] Read protection of python files for Abaqus

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:25:11 CET 2008

Greetings,
On Jan 14, 2008 3:17 AM, Ferruh KAYHAN <fkayhan at rcstr.com> wrote:
> Dear Sirs;
> Good morning.
> I do not like abaqus users will read my python file codes.  How can I
> protect my codes from reading ans still workable by Abaqus import??
>
> Best Regards
> Ferruh Kayhan

<quote source=wikipedia?ABAQUS>
Abaqus is widely used in the automotive, aerospace, and industrial
products industries. The package is very popular with academic and
research institutions
These software products, especially Abaqus/CAE, extensively use the
open-source scripting language Python for scripting and customization.
</quote>

Don't academics and researchers thrive on sharing information?
Also, this forum is geared towards learning Python, and sharing
source code is encouraged in order to obtain help.

Also, "many eyes" can find and fix bugs in your scripts,
as well as, others may find the scripts useful: ie. research
can advance more quickly.

Is there a particular reason why you don't want others to see your
Abaqus Python scripts?

Just curious.
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m