[Tutor] Document Control System

Michael Langford mlangford.cs03 at gtalumni.org
Mon Jan 14 18:03:37 CET 2008

There are several ready made ones. Plone for instance: http://plone.org/
It's a very customizable zope project.

Look at Paste as well in building up your stack: http://pythonpaste.org/

I also suggest opting for use of  the WSGI interface for your
application (a python web-app interface which allows easy
collaboration between apps). There is mod_wsgi for apache deployment
and you can use numerous web servers for a development standard. I
really think it is the simplest thing available now, and the way of
the future.
http://www.wsgi.org/wsgi/Learn_WSGI
http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/

I'm porting my mod_python stuff over....

          --Michael

On Jan 14, 2008 11:43 AM, ammar azif <ceasar102 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is python suitable in developing web based document control system ? I was
> thinking of using python and mysql to create such system. Users can download
> latest document as well as upload drafts. Is this possible or i should use
> PHP instead?

Michael Langford
Phone: 404-386-0495
Consulting: http://www.RowdyLabs.com