[Tutor] Program Specification Request

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 16 23:44:25 CET 2008

"Roger Maxwell" <vlad_lad at yahoo.com> wrote

>   I would like to learn and teach my 2 girls a mini
> database GUI program in Python and ????

Since sqlite is included in the standard distribution
of Pythn 2.5 you might as well use that. It is easy to administer
and uses a simplified version of standard SQL.

>   It is, almost, (19 January 2008)GS cookie time in
> CA.

Coming from Scotland I have no idea what that means! :-)

>   Q01:  Is this a 'reasonable' first project?

Maybe but as someone else said a command line
version first will be easier, GUIs are slightly arcane
in Python due to the lack of a good visual GUI builder.

>   Q02:  We can use either MAC or WinXP but which? Or
> both?

Either or both Python is very portable.

>   Q03:  Is this the appropriate forum?

Yes