[Tutor] Saving Objects

Andy Cheesman Andy.cheesman at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 11:39:34 CET 2008

Hi people

I've written a complex program in python/numpy/scipy which creates a
dictionary of objects(which takes a while to create). I am hoping to
save these objects to disk and then access them using a different
session, thus bypassing the time to create the objects.

My initial tests using pickle and a simple class system (shown below)
have failed. The method shown below fails with a AttributeError:
'FakeModule' object has no attribute 'Spod', so when I create a
an empty class Spod in the new session, it generates an IndexError:(list
index out of range)

Is there a better way to do this?

class Spod:
     def __init__(self, name):